Altar Server: This Ministry is a group of young people, 4th grade on up, who assist the priest and deacon by serving on the altar in a prayerful manner during Holy Mass. Contact Patricia Umbarger at 254-654-9447 or email@example.com
To apply to be an Altar Server please click on the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1r2zCnCcgKF7mpCF7DfG7Go1yg_3fTID55tYT8Ga4KfI0pg/viewform
Photo Albums by Month at lnk: http://stmaryourlady.org/facilities-construction
The Master Plan Committee continues to work on refining our building plans. With the contractor now fully on-board, we are pressing forward with determining the actual construction costs. We will be making a presentation after an upcoming Mass to bring everyone up to date on this process. We have also gotten permission to make our presentation to the Diocesan Building Commission, one of the final steps before we can actually begin construction. In an effort to control costs, we will be looking at scheduling the various activities so that there is a single visit by the groundwork people, the plumbers, and the people pouring concrete and so on. By having them make a single visit we can reduce overall costs. (05/01/2016)
Please email any Parish Master Plan comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Updated Master Plan V1.6 (2.0Mb) (09/14/2016)
2017-04-09 Holy Week 2017 Photos Click Here
2017-04-02 Confirmation Sunday 2017 Photos Click Here
2017-03-25 Marian Shrine of Our Lady of Schoenstatt in Austin Click Here
2017-03-05 Groundbreaking Ceremony Photos Click Here
2017-02-12 Bunco Photos Click Here
2017-01-22 Dominican Sisters Photos Click Here
2016-12-24 Pope Francis celebrated Christmas Midnight Mass Video (1:56:46 min.)
2016-12-24 Children's Christmas Mass Photos Click Here
2016-12-18 Children's Christmas Party Photos Click Here
2016-12-11 Adult Christmas Party Photos Click Here (Pending photos)
2016-11-19 Christmas in November 2016 Click Here
2016-11-12 Veterans Day 2016 Click Here (Pending Photos)
2016-11-11 Patriotic Rosary Click Here
2016-11-02 All Souls Day 2016 Click Here
2016-10-08 Oktoberfest 2016 Click Here
St. Mary, Our Lady of the Lake has been the proud sponsor of a college scholarship for many years. As with all scholarships, there are certain prerequisites in order to have a chance at winning one. These are merit-based scholarships with the following necessities:
1. The applicant must be an active, participating Catholic. This means regular attendance at Mass and the sacraments.
2. The applicant must be clearly studying and growing in the faith as evidenced by attendance at Religious Education sessions.
3. The applicant must be active in the parish community (altar server, choir member, usher, or some non-liturgical ministry).
Why these stipulations? Here’s the short answer:
1. This is a scholarship offered by a Catholic parish for those members of the parish who have shown that they are, indeed, Catholic by participating in the spiritual life of the parish.
2. One of the Precepts of the Church is that we continue to grow and learn about Jesus and the Church teachings. This is done, primarily, through education. While we recognize that people do grow and learn through the practice of the faith, we know that formal education is a significant component of that growth. Even priests and deacons are required to do ongoing education.
3. Being a follower of Jesus means serving the People of God.
One cannot claim to be Catholic if one does not serve.
We, the parishioners of St. Mary, Our Lady of the Lake Catholic Church, as modern-day disciples, dedicate ourselves to the task of carrying on the mission of Jesus Christ with the guidandatece of the Holy Spirit.